CM to Inches Converter is the most useful and easy to use length unit converter. You can enter any number of centimeters in metric converter and cm inch converter will produce the result in inches for given centimeters. Here is the cm to inch calculator to find centimeters in inches.
Convert Centimeters to Inches
Input a value in the centimeters input filed to convert the value from cm to inches. You can select other ubits from the drop-down list to convert the respective units.
Centimeter is a length unit to measure small lengths. Centimeter, the name itself describes that 100th part of a meter( i.e; 100 Centimeters in a Meter) . The short form of centimeter is cm. Most of the time we write Centimeters as 1 cm, 2 cm, 3 cm, ...
Easy to use Conversion calculator will convert given number of centimeters to inches. Enter centimeters in the first input box, it will calculate the inches for a given number of centimeters. You can see the inches as output in the result text box.
For example, you can calculate number of inches in a centimeter, number of centimeters in a inch, etc. This is a dynamic tool and you can see the result as soon as you enter the value in input boxes. You can enter any value in textbox and you can immediately see the result in centimeter and inches.
How many centimeters in an InchThere are 2.54 Centimeters in an inch. And 1 centimeter is equals to 0.3937007874015748 inches. Following are the most frequently used inch to centimeter conversions.
What is the Symbol of the Centimeter?Centimeters are denoted with 'cm'. A centimeter unit is followed by a cm symbol. For example, 10 cm, 20 cm, 30 cm, 100 cm, etc...
What is the Spelling of the Centimeter?Centimeters have two different spellings. Centimeter is the American English spelling and Centimetre is British English spelling. You can use either of the spellings based on the region.
What is Square Centimeter?A Square Centimeter is the unit of area in Centimeters. For example, you can find the area of width 1 cm, height 1 cm. The area will be 1 Square Centimeter (cm2). The symbol for Square Centimeter is cm2. It is generally used for measuring small areas. For example, A4 size Paper sheet will be 21 cm width and 29.7 cm height, the area will be 623.7 cm2
What is Cubic Centimeter?A Cubic Centimeter is the unit of volume in Centimeters. The symbol for Cubic Centimeter is cm3.
Unicode Symbol of Centimeter:Here are the Unicode symbols of Centimeter and it's area and volume units.
- Centimeter (cm) – code 339D
- Square Centimeter (cm2) code 33A0
- Cubic centimeter (cm3) – code 33A4
How to Change Centimeter to Inches MS Office DocumentsWe can change the default display unit in Microsoft Office Applications. Follow the below steps to change the default unit from Inches to Centimeters.
- Go to the file menu tab in the ribbon menu.
- Click on the Options button (bottom of the file menu)
- Then go to Advanced Options
- Go to Display Settings
- Select the drop-down menu (for Show measurements in units of)
- Set the required display unit (Centimeter,Inches).
When do we use Centimeter Unit?We use Centimeters to measure small lengths and distances. Here are the general usage cases of Centimeters:
- To measure the cloths, Tailors will use Centimeters along with Meters.
- To measure the height of a person in Centimeters.
- Most of the students using scales will be with Centimeters. Normally 15 cm or 30 cm length.
- Diameter of a battery, width of the business cards.
- Width of the Printing Sheets or Photography Paper.
- Most of the ID cards will be 4 to 8 cm width.
How big is a Centimeter?A Centimeter is 10 time bigger than a Millimeters, 10000 bigger than Micrometer and 10000000 times bigger than an Nanometer. The following table helps you to understand how big and small is a centimeters when comparing to other units.
What is 1 cm equals to?In many cases we convert centimeters to other length units. Here are the most frequently conversions, this will helps us to understand how big is a Centimeter.
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 10000000 Nanometer
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 10000 Micrometer
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 10 Millimeters
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.01 Meters
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.00001 Kilometers
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.3937007874 Inches
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.03280839895 Feet
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.01093613298 Yards
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.000006213711922 Miles
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 0.000005399568035 Nautical Miles
- 1 Centimeter is equals to 1.056998307E-18 Light-years
Formula to convert Centimeters into other units?
Here is the Centimeter conversion table with formulas to convert cm to other units.
|1 cm||= 1 x 10000000 Nanometers|
|2 cm||= 1 x 10000 Micrometer|
|3 cm||= 1 x 10 Millimeters|
|4 cm||= 1 x 0.01 Meters|
|5 cm||= 1 x 0.00001 Kilometers|
|6 cm||= 1 x 0.3937007874 Inches|
|7 cm||= 1 x 0.03280839895 Feet|
|8 cm||= 1 x 0.01093613298 Yards|
|9 cm||= 1 x 0.000006213711922 Miles|
|10 cm||= 1 x 0.000005399568035 Nautical Miles|
|11 cm||= 1 x 1.056998307E-18 Light-years|
Excel Formula to convert Centimeters into other units?Here are the Excel formulas to convert Centimeter to other units.
|Centimeter to Nanometers||= cm*10000000|
|Centimeter to Micrometer||= cm*10000|
|Centimeter to Millimeters||= cm*10|
|Centimeter to Meters||= cm*0.01|
|Centimeter to Kilometers||= cm*0.00001|
|Centimeter to Inches||= cm*0.3937007874|
|Centimeter to Feet||= cm*0.03280839895|
|Centimeter to Yards||= cm*0.01093613298|
|Centimeter to Miles||= cm*0.000006213711922|
|Centimeter to Nautical Miles||= cm*0.000005399568035|
|Centimeter to Light-years||= cm*1.056998307E-18|
Here is the Symbol of Centimeters, you can download file. Right click on image and save.